Moving all your stuff to another country is a big decision. We make your overseas move less worrisome.
First off, we’re not a traditional moving company in the sense you may be thinking. We handle the international side of your move – the import and export of your personal affects. We do offer door to door service, but we don’t dismantle your dining room table and carry your couch out the door. Loading the shipping container will be up to you, or your local moving company. Once the container is loaded, that’s where we come in.
What’s the process?
1. Let us know where you are, where you’re going, and when you’re moving. Our team will find the best routes at the best available rates, so don’t worry if you aren’t sure which ports to ship to and from. Our proposals include competitive rates from multiple ocean carriers, so you get to choose what works best for you.
2. After you accept the proposal, our operations team will work closely with you to ensure you follow all the necessary guidelines for shipping cargo overseas. There’s a handful of important required documents that we’ll work together with you on. We triple check everything – proper paperwork is critical to a smooth international shipping experience.
3. You’ll need to package the contents of your home securely on pallets. Ocean carriers will not accept containers with cargo that is not securely loaded. Our team will help ensure that the container is properly loaded.
4. Most people go with door to door service, in which case we arrange a 20 foot or 40 foot container to be dropped off at your origin address. It’s important to know that the container will be 4 feet off the ground, so loading it without a dock may be difficult. Also, the trucker cannot drop off containers in certain areas, but we’ll help you figure all that out.
5. Customs. Forget about it. We handle customs with our own in-house customs brokerage (most freight forwarders don’t have this).
What if my shipping container is damaged or lost in transit?
It’s not a scenario you (or we) want to think about, but it’s a reality you must consider. For peace of mind, we offer full, door to door insurance solutions on cargo. And in the unlikely event that your cargo is damaged during transport, we will handle the necessary claims on your behalf.
Ready to talk? Give us a call at 888-464-5459 or have us call you.